Beyond Abuse has the following open position:
Reporting to the Children’s Advocacy Program Director, the Forensic Interviewer performs tasks specific to the growing needs for victims of child physical and sexual abuse within Abbeville, Greenwood, Laurens and Newberry Counties. In this role s/he will provides forensic interviews and related services for child clients referred by Law Enforcement, DSS or the Solicitor’s Office.
- Masters Degree in counseling, social work or related field with licensure or in process of licensure.
- Successful completion of Child First South Carolina.
- Ability to relate to individuals and groups in an empathetic, non-judgmental manner. Also, should have the ability to relate to individuals and groups of all cultural backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the impact and dynamics of sexual violence and child abuse and the trauma of child victims and their non-offending family members.
- Possess excellent communication and office skills.
- Conduct and complete documentation for referral screenings, intakes, scheduling services and provision of services.
- Conduct forensic interviews of children in cases of suspected child abuse.
- Complete written summary reports of the forensic interview and provide to the appropriate investigative agencies involved in the case.
- Coordinate with members of the multidisciplinary team, including attendance of case review staffings.
- Testify in court regarding the forensic interview as required by subpoena; provide expert testimony as needed by members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Provide information and consultation to area professionals and community members regarding child abuse
- Maintain accurate and current records and statistics.