Beyond Abuse is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization that serves Abbeville, Greenwood and Laurens counties in South Carolina. Our Children’s advocacy program also serves Newberry County. Our mission is to lead our community beyond sexual violence and child abuse through awareness, advocacy and action.
- 24/7 Crisis Response — Hotline and Emergency Department On-Call Support
- Assistance with Filing Victim’s Compensation
- Education and Awareness Programs
In addition, children ages 17 and under who are referred by law enforcement agencies or the Department of Social Services may receive:
- Forensic Interviews
- Child Maltreatment Medical Exam
- Multi-disciplinary team case review
Beyond Abuse operates one of 15 sexual assault programs and one of 17 accredited children’s advocacy programs in our state.